5. Boyongs - This new stall along Torres seems to be getting more and more popular. With hearty Balbacua that is affordable enough to fit anyone's budget, and a no-frills menu, this place seems to be the safe haven for drunks who just want their fill of hot-soup.
4. Bankerohan and Goyongs - There is nothing better than a bowl of good old Bulalo after a hard night of partying. Unless of course, it is a 40 peso bowl of good old bulalo after a hard night of partying! And that is exactly what you get a Bankerohan. Ask anyone at Bankerohan where the Bulaluhan is, and they will direct you to a quaint little stall at the back end of the market. On the other side of the city is Goyongs. A mami house that opens in the evening. Goyongs is located by the rotonda in Ponciano, right under the billboards. They serve Lugaw, Mami, ad instant noodles for below twenty pesos.
3. McDonalds Bajada - McDonalds Bajada is near most of the party spots in the metro, so it is no wonder why people flock this branch between 3am to 4am. We all know what to expect from McDonalds, and no-frills eating is probably what we need after some really hard partying. More importantly, their breakfast menu is THE BOMB!
2. Bulca Chong- Although there aren't many food choices in Bulca Chong; sometimes all you really need is a bowl of hot soup. Of course, it helps that their soup tastes really really good ad hearty too. And tourists looove this.
1. Dimsum Diner Guerrero: Dimsum diner seems to have everything for everybody. They have col drinks, hot soup, rice meals, dim sum, and other light snacks. More importantly, they are open twenty-four hours a day, and are uniquely Davaoeno.
March is FROZEN FOOD MONTH. And I think it's perfect, especially since Summer seems to be just around the corner.
So gather all your cool friends, have some frozen goodies, and maybe even some frozen and margarita (i'll give you a recipe later in the show), and keep on listening (because you know I only give you nothing but the coolest party songs) to my radio show, confessions of a partyphile, on 105.9 mix fm every wednesday evenings 6 to 9 pm, Philippine time.