nuffnang leaderboard

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

You Ask, Partyphile Answers: When to Order Drinks



Jake: Hey Partyphile! I don't party often, but when I do, I always feel awkward about when to start ordering drinks. I mean, when I step inside a club, sometimes I just feel like dancing and not really drinking, do you think that would be alright? or is it a must to have a cocktail in hand? How soon after I step inside the club must I head tot he bar and order a drink? Also, what is a good drink to order if I wanna go dancing?

Partyphile:

Hey Jake! That's a very tough question. I totally get your point though. I'm sure it kind of feels awkward to not have ordered anything while inside a bar. It might feel like people would think  of you as a cheapskate or that you can't handle your alcohol but the truth is, nobody really cares that much.

As long as you don't act like a wallflower, I think you'll be good. There's no hard and fast rule for how long you can stay inside a club without ordering anything, but if you dont really wanna drink, dont for yourself.

Order some Sprite and tell everyone it's a Vodka-7.

Oh, and if you wanna go dancing, order something hard. Beer can make you sleepy while cocktails with a lot of sugar can give you a sugar high but a sugar crash as well.

No comments: